Ristorante Sibilla

I visited Rome late this summer.  It was my first trip to Italy and, needless to say, I LOVED it.  The history, the culture, the people: amazing.  And of course, the food.  Let's just say I could barely fit into my jeans when it was time to get back on the plane to London five days later.  It was so worth it though.

I visited so many restaurants and cafes during my little Italian adventure and I have good things to say about all of them.  However, one of them really stands out.  Ristorante Sibilla is located in Tivoli, a small town in Lazio, which is about a 30 minute drive from Rome and is probably most well-known as the home of Villa d'Este.  The restaurant itself boasts al fresco seating with phenomenal views and it was here that we had our final lunch in Italy.



Our table - how picturesque is that?!
We shared an antipasti platter to start, and it did not disappoint.  My favourite was probably the mozzarella with peach sorbet - I'd never had anything quite like it and I'm going to try and recreate it at home one day (success is unlikely though)!

Antipasti
I then had the most divine pesto tagliatelle EVER - the sweetest tomatoes, the freshest basil and just the right amount of cheese.  I will never be able to eat my own (fumbling) version again.

Pesto Tagliatelle
I had to have their tiramisu to end.  To be perfectly honest, I've never really been a fan of tiramisu - I generally find the sponge a bit soggy the entire concoction overly sweet.  However, when in Rome (or Tivoli)… And I was so pleased that I chose it.  The sponge was moist and the coffee flavour was perfectly matched by the mild sweetness of the mascarpone.  To die for.

Tiramisu
My lunch partner decided on a hazelnut semifreddo, which I had a mouthful of (I was far too full by this stage to have more than that!)  It was also wonderful: the hazelnut pieces generously sized and the ice-cream, well, creamy.  Yum!

Hazelnut Semifreddo

By the end of the meal we were, quite literally, rolling out of the restaurant.  If you are ever in Rome and don't mind a short drive to Tivoli, please do pay Sibilla a visit.  Great food, stunning ambiance and attentive staff - what more could one want?!

Ristorante Sibilla - www.ristorantesibilla.com - +39 774 33 52 81
Via della Sibilla 50, 00019 Tivoli, Italy

No comments :

Post a Comment