Albion

If you've ever moved house in London, you'll know how exhausting it is. Well, last Sunday, after what seemed like hours of heaving boxes and boxes of books into my brother's new flat (I know, I'm such a good sister), we felt like we deserved a little reward/mid-afternoon snack. Jake had been going on about this place called Albion for ages, so we finally gave in - and it was the best decision ever.

























First of all, the location: Bankside is one of my favourite places in London. If you ever have a spare sunny Sunday in London, head to Albion, amble around the Tate for a bit, then wander along the South Bank all the way to Borough - honestly, you'll feel so much better afterwards.

Anyway, back to Albion. We decided to go for tea and cake because having seen the cakes on offer, we just couldn't resist; but people around us were ordering the Sunday roasts, and I have to admit, they looked delicious. I'll definitely be going back for one of those. 

After much to-ing and fro-ing, my mum went for cappuccino and walnut cake, my brother and dad chose chocolate fudge cake, and I just couldn't resist a slice of the battenburg cake - it was just so pretty!

Cappuccino and walnut cake

Chocolate fudge cake

Battenburg





































































All three were delicious. They had clearly been made fresh that day, as they were all moist and soft, and just so yummy. I can't wait to go back and try all of the other flavours. And the roasts. Oh and why not go for breakfast while I'm at it.

As well as a restaurant, Albion is also a shop. It sells packaged food (things like posh teas, unusual chocolates, jams, olive oil) as well as fresh produce, baked goods, wine, and even some homeware - basically my idea of heaven.
















































The photos kind of speak for themselves, don't they?


























My conclusion? Albion is basically the perfect spot to while away a lazy weekend, and I can't wait to go back. It's definitely somewhere I would take friends from out of town: it's very British, a little bit quirky and different, and not at all expensive. A little gem of a place, really. 

Albion - 020 3764 5550 - www.albioncafes.com
NEO Bankside, Pavillion B, Holland Street, London, SE1 9FU

No comments :

Post a Comment