Summer and Happy Endings' Ice Cream

The weather was absolutely glorious this weekend so Polina and I spent a day basking in the sunshine and enjoying a great selection of foods from the Broadway Market. I just had to write a short post to tell you all about the most delectable ice cream I have had in a long time. You should also bear in mind that I have just returned from Italy, where I feasted on the most sumptuous gelato - so this place must be good.

Somewhat cheekily, yet appropriately, named, 'Happy Endings' sells fabulous ice cream sandwiches. What makes these ice creams so good, are the clever and well balanced flavour combinations.





We sampled the 'Malty One' (blue and white wrapper) and the 'Naughty One' (black and white wrapper). I wish we could have eaten them forever.


Starting with the 'Malty One', an indulgent creamy blend of my childhood favourite hot drink, Horlicks, sandwiched between two oat biscuits. The biscuits closely resemble hobnobs, but are softer and thiner. Dipped in chocolate and a malt powder, the ice-cream was a nostalgic treat.

 

My favourite, however, was the 'Naughty One'. It is a magnificent twist on the popular sweet treat - salted caramel. Japanese miso is used to provide the saltiness in the ice cream. The miso is clearly detectable and produces a wonderful umami flavour, that I have never experienced in a dessert. I also found this ice cream softer and even more creamy than the 'Malty One'. The ice cream is sandwiched between chocolate stout cake, which ensures that the dessert is not too sweet.



I hope that that the review has not come across as unctuous, as we genuinely enjoyed them. You can get the 'Naughty One' at Tonkotsu Restaurant or the full selection is available at Broadway Market. Go get one, or more, while the weather is good!

Happy Endings LDN
10/10 (no surprise there)
Follow them on twitter to track them down
http://www.happyendingsldn.com/

No comments :

Post a Comment