Brunching in Bali - Part 3: Betelnut Cafe

Our final foodie stop in Bali was Betelnut Cafe, another popular Canggu hangout.  It serves healthy but attractive and pretty delicious meals.

Spot our new furry friend on the left!



















That fuchsia bowl of goodness is the Naga Bomb, comprising pink dragonfruit, banana and coconut, topped with a wonderful variety of wholesome goodies, including granola, shredded coconut and strawberries.  Nothing but yum. 

A deserving close up of the beautiful Naga Bomb!



























In terms of savoury dishes, I had poached eggs on toast with crispy bacon and (rather a lot of!) greens, as well as a sort of pesto.  I must admit I was not a fan of the pesto as it tasted rather too strongly of star anise - quite overpowering.  The rest of the dish, however, was pretty tasty and filling.

























My friend went for the Mexicana, which was topped with generous swathes of melted cheese :)  Definitely got her seal of approval!
























To accompany all this delicious food I ordered a flat white with almond milk.  It had been a while since I'd had an almond milk coffee (non-dairy alternatives to milk are still fairly uncommon in Malaysia) so it seemed like a bit of a novelty!

























Overall, we had a very satisfying brunch at Betelnut Cafe and I will definitely be back the next time I'm in Bali.  I would in particular recommend it to anyone who is trying to embrace "clean eating" as it shows that healthy food doesn't necessarily have to be boring or tasteless.

Betelnut Cafe - Jl. Batu Bolong 60, Canggu, Bali 80351, Indonesia - +6282146807233
Rating: 8/10

No comments :

Post a Comment