Brunching in Bali - Part 2: Milk & Madu

Milk & Madu is something of a Canggu institution.  It serves hearty all-day breakfasts, lunches and dinners and is helmed by friendly and welcoming staff.

So naturally Deena and I made it a point to pay them a visit when we were in Bali this past October.

We started off with some delicious smoothies:




I had the Berry Heaven, made up of blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and mandarins.  What I liked about it was the fact that it wasn't sweet at all and was clearly packed with fruit (and antioxidants!)


Deena had the Coco Granita, which was a combination of frozen young coconut water, lychee and lime juice.  This turned out to be an excellent choice - refreshing and mildly sweet, perfect for a sweltering tropical afternoon. 

In terms of food, D had the Southern Fried Chicken Burger, which was accompanied by fresh herb slaw, pickled jalapeños and spicy mayo.  

She polished it off pretty quickly so I'm guessing it was as satisfying as it looks!

I went for a fairly traditional breakfast dish - poached eggs with hollandaise, spinach and crispy bacon.  It was tasty, though I suppose the presentation could've been improved on...
























Overall, it was a pleasant casual dining experience and I wouldn't hesitate to go back the next time I'm in Bali.

Milk & Madu - Jl Pantai Berawa 52, Canggu, Bali, Indonesia - www.milkandmadu.com - +6285102781872
Rating: 8/10

No comments :

Post a Comment