Hawksmoor

Even though my brother and I both live in London, we both have busy lives, and it can be difficult for us to see each other as much as we would like. We both love food, and one Sunday morning we decided to head over to Hawksmoor Covent Garden for a long Sunday lunch and catch-up.



























People had told me Hawksmoor does the best Sunday roasts around. We decided to put this to the test. He had the roast beef. It was an enormous plateful (a big positive for a roast, if you ask me) with a deliciously crisp and fresh yorkshire pudding and a healthy number of roast potatoes. They only thing he wasn't pleased about was the big roasted onion on the side of the plate. Seriously, what are you supposed to do with that? Is that normal?!


























I had homemade butternut squash gnocchi. It was beautifully presented, but I wasn't all that impressed with the dish. It was a bit lacking in flavour and I ended up thinking I could have cooked something similar myself which would have tasted just as good, if not better. It was pretty though.

























And as it was a Sunday, we of course had to sample the puddings on offer.
Jake had the sticky toffee pudding. He is a great connoisseur of sticky toffee, and he said this was a good one. 'Not too date-y' apparently, and just look at the presentation!

























I went for their recommendation: the peanut butter shortbread and salted caramel ice cream. And yes, it was as good as it sounds. It more than made up for the main course, and I would go back for this pudding alone.

























Overall, it is a nice restaurant which gave us what we were looking for: a big plate of Sunday lunch and a good environment for a long catch-up.

























I don't think I would rush back in a hurry (it was also quite expensive), but I wouldn't object if someone suggested heading there either.

Score: 6/10
thehawksmoor.com

No comments :

Post a Comment