Weekend Brunchin' in KL - Part 4: VCR Cafe

Happy Labour Day everyone!  

Hope everyone's having a well-earned break and finding some time to try out new brunch spots :)  If you're looking for a recommendation, I may have just the thing for you!





















This is VCR, a hipster-ish cafe tucked away on Jalan Galloway, off Jalan Pudu.  We turned up fairly early on a Sunday morning - at around 9am - to find it already rather busy.



We placed our orders at the counter, and given my sweet tooth I just had to try the brioche french toast topped with espresso ice cream, berry compote, mocha sauce and some crunchy seeds.


I must admit that while the inner part of the toast was nice and fluffy, the edges were a tad bit overcooked, so were a little dry.  However, the real star of the show was the ice cream: creamy but intense, sweet but not sickly.  I am very picky about my ice cream, but even I will say that it was absolutely gorgeous.  And the crunchy bits (not sure what they were?!) paired very well with the richness of the ice cream and soft texture of the bread.  A winner for sure.

My friend had the VCR Big Breakfast, and as you can see, it was a generous, beautifully presented plate of food.  Apparently it tasted wonderful too, with the chicken chipolatas and the homemade bean stew being particularly lovely.

We both had flat whites, and while they were excellent, by now you probably know my slight disappointment at places which don't serve skimmed milk...

That being said, however, we had fantastic food and coffee overall and will definitely be back. 

Rating: 8/10 (parking is a nightmare!)
VCR - 2, Jalan Galloway, KL - +60321102330



No comments :

Post a Comment