UoVo

A couple of weeks ago I headed over to UoVo in Damansara Kim for dinner.  It has two sister restaurants located on the same street.

I must start with saying that UoVo's pizzas are absolutely DIVINE.

Pomodoro























King oyster mushroom























I'm usually fussy about my pizzas in that I love the wafer thin crust variety, but the thicker crust here really worked.  The toppings were super fresh and fragrant - I loved the mushroom in particular with the truffle oil upping the flavour to heavenly levels.

Orecchiette creamy tomato with garlic prawns

























Unfortunately, the standard of the orecchiette did not match that of the pizza.  The pasta itself was undercooked and (as you can see) the presentation was a tad messy.  That said, the service was great as the staff offered to replace the dish.

Free range chicken

























However, I'm pleased to report that that the teppan grilled free range chicken was probably the best I've tasted.  It was crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, and the freshness of the meat (it's delivered daily from the farm) was evident.  I'll definitely be going back for this.

Pork ribs

















One of the great things about UoVo is that patrons can order from the menus of its sister restaurants.  These Iberico de Bellotta pork ribs are From Farm To Plate and despite the fact that I'm not the hugest fan of ribs, I really enjoyed them.  They were incredibly tender, had the right ratio of meat to fat and were paired with delicious Asian-inspired sauces.  

Flourless chocolate souffle with sorbet

























To end our meal we shared (as we were stuffed!) the flourless chocolate souffle.  It was light and fluffy but I felt that it could've done with a slightly more pronounced chocolate flavour.  Still lovely though.

Overall, I thought the food at UoVo was excellent, as was the service.  I'll definitely be going back to try some of their other dishes.

Rating: 9/10 (mostly because of the disappointing orecchiette!) 

UoVo - 8, Jalan SS20/10, Damansara Kim, Petaling Jaya, 47400 Selangor - +60377318311

No comments :

Post a Comment