Pince & Pints

September 2016 Update

As a fan of both lobster and laksa, I knew I had to rush over to Pince & Pints when I heard that they were rolling out the unique lobster laksa in conjunction with national day.




























It did not disappoint.  Hiding underneath the flavoursome laksa broth was fishcake, boiled egg, beancurd, bean sprouts (not usually my favourite, but I'll let that slide!) noodles (which were the perfect texture - not too thin and not too thick) and of course succulent pieces of lobster.

To avoid disappointment, make sure you get to P&P before the end of the month, after which this delectable dish disappears from their menu!  

And to all Malaysians, Happy Malaysia Day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lobster fans rejoice!  Pince & Pints, the Singaporean smash-hit, arrived in KL some months ago and it's already become our go-to place for beautifully fresh and juicy North American-sourced lobsters done a couple of different ways.

For those of you living in England, P&P is basically the Singaporean/Malaysian equivalent of Burger & Lobster minus the burger!

Live Whole Lobster (Steamed)
















The photo says it all, really.  The meat of the lobster was succulent and tender and paired really well with the herbed butter sauce.  Of course, be ready for a cholesterol high after wolfing this dish down, but totally worth it tbh. 

Lobster Roll

This was probably my favourite dish of the night - no messing around with shells (yes, I'm lazy) and the mayo wasn't overdone.  Loved the buttery brioche too.



















The only thing I don't like as much about these dishes is that the fries aren't of the shoestring variety (a la B&L) but that's just a matter of personal preference I guess.

Chilli Lobster

Photo courtesy of FSM

























I have to admit I was a little hesitant about this dish to begin with, but I was pleasantly surprised.  The chilli didn't overpower the fresh taste of the lobster, and the mantou provided a nice carby accompaniment to mop up any extra sauce.  Don't order this dish if you have an aversion to sweet chilli though!

Lobster Noodles

Photo courtesy of FSM


















It might sound a bit strange to choose lobster noodles anywhere other than in a Chinese restaurant, but let me tell you these don't disappoint.  The noodles were cooked al dente and the signature ginger & scallion-infused aroma was most definitely present.  Though some of my friends have taken the view that this dish tastes a bit bland, I was personally quite pleased that the flavours were not overpowering.

Service
As you can see from the above, I really like the food at P&P.  I however must admit that the service let them down a bit.  For instance, when my friend requested one of those long metal skewer-type things to get the claw meat out (I forget what they're called?!) she was told that they hadn't arrived yet, which was pretty strange considering it's a lobster restaurant and it wasn't as if we went on the first or second day of opening.  

The other thing is that when I have tried to make a reservation on several subsequent occasions, my calls were unanswered, and after a few tries the line was cut.  While I realise that they're probably very busy in the restaurant, it really is a bit rude to just cut the call of a potential customer without answering the phone.  All that is required is a polite "hello, I'm afraid we are not taking any reservations at the moment as we are full".  

Overall
Good food, less good service.

Rating: 7/10
Pince & Pints - http://pinceandpints.com.my/32, Ground Floor, Jalan Telawi 5, Bangsar Baru, 59100 Kuala Lumpur - +60 3 2201 3233

No comments :

Post a Comment