Smack Deli

Hannah and I decided to try out Smack Deli, which serves a variety of lobster rolls and accompaniments. It is just round the corner of Bond Street, so it makes a perfect pit stop during a day of shopping.





















As you can see, there are four lobster rolls on offer. After much deliberation, I chose the Seven Samurai which was a nice fusion of Japanese flavours. The lobster roll was a buttery toasted brioche which was stuffed with large chunks of tender lobster. Although the roll was loaded with lots of strong flavours, they were well balanced and did not over power the delicate lobster.




















Hannah chose the California, which was had a really refreshing flavour combination that went very well with the lobster. Avocado, tomato, lettuce, cucumber and lime were mixed with the lobster and was delicious.



We also shared some courgette fries. It was the first time that I had tried them, after convincing myself that they were healthier than standard potatoes! They were coated in a very cheesy breadcrumb and fried. As much as I enjoyed them, I have to say that I'll stick to chips!

Final thoughts

Smack is a relaxed place and is set up like a fast food restaurant. You order your food and collect it from the counter on a tray. Little details such as bag hooks under the table and a touch of refinement to a relatively casual restaurant.

Food is really competitively priced. Smack sells their rolls, without any sides, for £9 (or £7.50 if you eat-out). It's run by the same team as Burger & Lobster, who make a fabulous lobster roll. I will definitely come back when I need a shopping pick me up!

Overall rating: 8/10

Smack Deli - www.twitter.com/smacklobster 
26-28 Binney Street, W1K 5BN





No comments :

Post a Comment